Saturday, June 30, 2012

I'm a Big girl

My story is still being written.

I'm still a big girl.  I say that with the qualification that I don't think of myself as a 'fat girl'. 

I used to think of myself as a fat girl, but no more, because a fat girl thinks she will never become something different.  A fat girl is insecure and tries to hide from the world. 

A big girl knows she has limits, but pushes them.  She is always trying new things and is stepping out of her comfort zone.  She knows that she may not be able to do everything she wants to do, or what she sees other people do, but she knows that if she keeps pushing and keeps persisting she will be able to. 

She knows the title of "Big Girl" is only temporary... if she keeps fighting.  If she stops fighting, she knows she'll regress to "Fat Girl".  She knows that she's either moving forward, or she's slipping backwards. 

There is no standing still.

I used to be a fat girl.  I'm not sure when I made the transition to a big girl, or how much longer I'll be a big girl.  All I know is that I have been given much grace and God has proven very faithful in keeping me moving forward.  He has provided more for me than I can ever imagine and one of my favorite gifts he's given me, specifically relating to my health, is the ability to pay it forward and help others do the same.

My story is still being written, and I want to help you write yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment