Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sprint Triathlon

The trainer at work, who is also one of my friends, suggested I do a Sprint Triathlon after I completed my first 5K.  I thought, what the heck?  Why not?  I've never done anything like that before but it sounds like fun, so let's try it!  Which brings us to today.  In about an hour, I will be leaving home to set up the transition area and compete in my first sprint tri!

This week I've been crazy nervous and doing everything I can to prepare for it.  I've gone over each of the three disciplines in my head and the transition from swim to bike and from bike to run in my head too many times to count.  Still though, I'm sure it will be nothing like I've visualized because I've never even seen a triathlon transition on screen or in person.  I've packed my gym back with a towel, socks, my helmet, extra hair ties, body glide, gold bond powder, 5 water bottles and, of course, lots and lots of AdvoCare!  I'm sure it's a little bit of an overkill for a sprint tri, but I'm okay with that.  I'd rather be over prepared than under prepared.

Why so many water bottles do you ask?  Earlier this month, I ran a 5K in Indy and made the mistake of not hydrating enough after the race was over and for the rest of the day, even though I ran/walked well, I felt like crap!  So today, the theme is over-preperation!

I am nervous about this race, but I'm excited too.  I've never done anything like this.  I've never even swam or biked competetively, and I would hardly call my 5K races competative.  My goal today is not to win, however.  Or even to be a formitable force on the course.  No.  My goal is to finish, and have fun while I do it.  I've trained, and read, and watched videos and done everything I knew to do to prepare for today, so now, I'm going to fuel up, and have fun!

See you at the finish line!

Gotta have enough to sample too!

No comments:

Post a Comment