Thursday, January 23, 2014

Fitness Bucket List

I've said from the beginning of my journey that I don't have a weight-loss goal in terms of a number on a scale. I'm more concerned with accomplishments and being able to do things without being held back by bad health. Here's a few things I want to be able to do before I die. My fitness/strength bucket list, if you will!

Run a marathon.
Complete an Ironman
Be able to maintain a 10 minute mile for at least 30 minutes - without stopping to walk.
Deadlift more than my body weight.
Leg press more than my body weight.
At least 3 unassisted pull-ups.
Body weight tricep dips.
Be able to climb a rope.
Be on the awards stand for a race.
Do at least 20 pushups on my toes.
Do a handstand.
Walk on my hands.
Vertical pushups.
Have a 6-pack.
Have muscular and defined legs, arms, and back.
Prove to myself that I can do anything I set my mind to.

One more I'm not ready to state out loud just yet...

Okay, that's a scary list, and putting it out there is even scarier. I'm sure it will grow and change and time goes on, but as long as I can do those things, quite frankly, I don't care what the scale says.

1 comment:

  1. This is AMAZING! I love your list! You will, no doubt, accomplish all of them. You are one of the most inspiring people I know, Stephanie! You set attainable, yet 'stretching' goals; you work hard to achieve what you want; and you prove that anyone can do anything they want if they apply faith, works, and a love for their goals. "You can't beat the person that doesn't quit!" You are the epitome of that quote, my friend. Go for it! I'm cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete