Saturday, August 27, 2011

Weight Update


I met Kelsey at Cardinal Fitness in Broad Ripple (in Indy) this morning for another weigh in. I wasn't expecting to weigh in again until the end of the quarter, but it was probably better to do it today. I was nervous, like I always am before stepping on the scale, but I kept getting votes of confidence from people all around who have seen me this past month. Turns out they were right!

The scale read 352! Down 14 pounds from last month's somewhat devastating weigh in of 366! This makes my total weight loss of 34 pounds (assuming the 20 I lost before starting my new job is correct, which, for now, I'm going to treat it as it is true.

Another thing that I think will be fun, and will give me something to work towards is the Corporate Challenge coming up next month at work. I don't know exactly what it will be, but it sounds like a bunch of companies in Indianapolis are getting together for a day of friendly (and fierce) athletic competition! I've been recruited to participate in the tug-of-war challenge, and the 5K walk!

Tug-of-war I'm not too worried about. Just need to work my back, my shoulder (and biceps) and my legs to make sure they are good and strong. The 5K walk on the other-hand, I need to work towards a better time. Yesterday I met with a friend and we walked around Shadyside Park, here in Anderson, which my Noom App (Android Market link) on my phone calculated as 3.3 miles, in about 57 minutes. I've heard from other people, however, that the loop around Shadyside is actually closer to 2.6 miles, so I'll need to find a longer route to walk to try to figure out my time, and then start to improve it.

Exciting times! Gotta keep this momentum up!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, keep it up! I bet you'll be able to run a marathon by 2013 at this rate :-). Back when I ran the Shadyside loop (which is the longest loop around the "lake") it was 2.6487 miles (or about 4km) (it was written on the pavement at one time and for some reason I remember obscure numbers very well). Now if you left the lake and went across to the playground on the west side or on the south side on the trail that goes to Grand Ave. by Big Boy then it might've been longer. Anyways keep it up! :-)

    ReplyDelete