Monday, September 5, 2011

I'm not running alone!

Something interesting happened the other day at work.  I got a text message from a friend stating that he had a proposition for me.  I had no idea what he meant, but this is the same friend who got me started on a product line called Advocare, which more infomation will be coming about Advocare shortly!  Anyway, the proposition thrown out at me was that my friend, Dan, would run the marathon with me come 2015!

I wasn't really sure what to make of it at first, but a few minutes after reading the text message I got really excited!  Through this whole process thus far I've figured that I'd run the race by myself, and maybe have some friends and family members cheer me on from the side and/or wait for me at the finish line.  Never did I think that someone would want to run it with me!

This new development adds a small degree of pressure for me, but a big chunk of motivation to keep going.  After my most recent weigh in I kinda took it easy for a while.  I didn't totally let myself go, but I didn't push quite as hard either.  Today I'm pushing again.  Pushing to eat right and exercise on a regular basis.  Pushing to better myself and treat this temple that God gave me in a more glorifying manner!

I know that 2015 is a long way away, and a lot can happen in  4-5 years (depending on when in 2015 the race takes place, I must say, I haven't really thought that far just yet), so I'm not 100% counting on him, but I am excited about the fact that I do have a friend to run the marathon with me!  I could use the accountability and the encouragement as I work towards it!

No comments:

Post a Comment