Saturday, September 10, 2011

Jump start into Wellness

The past few days I've been trying something new to help jump start and motivate myself to keep working towards my weight loss goals.  I am on day 5 of the 24 day challenge which is a recommended start of a product line called AdvoCare.  It's more that just a jump start though, the company really encourages a healthy, well-rounded lifestyle and offers products and assistance to help you get there.  Advocare is a company that offers very high quality health and wellness suppliments that encourage weight loss, energy, healthy metabolism and overall wellness.  I've been using a few of their products for a while now, and I think that along with an exercise regimen, it will help me with my goal of running a marathon in 2015!

The first Advocare product I used was an energy drink called Spark.  My friend who introduced it to me said it would make me "feel like a million bucks" and I was a bit skeptical, to be honest, but I have to say, he was right!  It's a sugar-free, 45 calorie drink mix that not only tastes amazing, but it really works!  When I drank it, it certainly gave me an energy boost, but not a typical caffeine jolt or sugar high energy boost that inevitably leads to a crash.  It really felt like I had a good night sleep.  I felt more mentally focused.  My mood was lifted and I felt ready to take on the day.  All that after one Spark drink!  It wasn't long until I purchased a box of my own and the energy, focus and mood improvement continued!

The other product I bought on that first purchase were the meal replacement shakes.  I was told that they tasted great but when I got it, I was skeptical, again, that it would actually be as good as it was made out to be.  How tasty and filling could a powder mixed with 8-9 ounces of water be?  I usually do put a little more water than the instructions called for, but I was amazed at how thick and filling the shakes were!  Contained in the shake are 24 grams of protein paired with 24 carbs, between 5-6 grams of fiber, and 26 vitamins and minerals - all promoting well-rounded, easily digestible nutrition.  I usually replace breakfast with a shake, and sometimes lunch too depending on how busy my day is, but they are always tasty and filling.

Another thing I really like about AdvoCare is that the products that I have used are not only tasty, they are packed with nutrients, but low in calories.  The Spark has only 45 calories, as I mentioned before, and the meal replacement shakes have only 220.  All those benefits, and so few calories! 

The 24 Day Challenge I'm doing now starts off with a 10-day cleanse, which I am half-way through now, and then goes to the 14 day max phase that promotes metabolism, energy and weight loss/management.  I've already noticed a slight increase in energy and I'm not even to the max phase!  I measured myself before I started and using my weight from a few weeks ago as my starting weight and plan on checking again as soon as I'm done with the challenge.  I've heard that significant weight loss is common, as is a noticable reduction in inches.  I'm excited to see how it works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment