Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Momentum

I was on the treadmill yesterday during my lunch and came to the realization that idleness breeds more idleness, and activity breeds more activity.

It was really hard for me to get to the gym yesterday because I felt really tired.  I realized that I've been tired for the past several days, and I also realized that my work-out regimen, of late, has been quite lax.

I've got some great momentum going, and I want to continue that momentum and see those numbers on the scale get smaller and smaller.  There's a pretty big event going on in Ft. Worth, TX this January that I'm SUPER excited about, and I want to have to buy new clothes for that event because none of mine fit anymore!  So far my clothes are fitting much looser than they have in the past, but I still have a ways to go before justifying a shopping spree!

I can't give up or just start to coast on the momentum already taking place.  Weight loss is an intentional, group effort.  (I say group effort because I've found that you can't lose significant weight on your own, you need a support system and I'm so glad for the one I have!)  Lifestyle change is also an intentional effort and not something that will happen by coasting.  It's an uphill battle that requires consistent effort.

Activity breeds more activity.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you are doing awesome even when you're tired and unmotivated. i think the idea of "idleness breeds more idleness" is so true. keep us the great work, steph! hope you can go on a shopping spree soon!

    ReplyDelete