Sunday, November 6, 2011

Weight loss update, goals set, and goals achieved!

Wow, I didn't realize it had been almost a month since I updated this puppy!  Unacceptable!  A lot has happened this month, so I'll try to cover as much as I can without overwhelming or boring you!

I guess the first thing to cover is a weight update!  Last time I informed you all I was at 346 pounds, down from my starting weight of 386 pounds.  Total loss so far was 40 pounds.  I weighed myself a few weeks ago at clocked in at 333 pounds, bumping that number of pounds lost to 53!  I absolutely credit those 13 pounds to the 24 Day Challenge because I weighted myself about 2 days after my cycle was finished and was back to normal.  I also lost a total of 5 inches!  The number of inches lost is below average, but I'm okay with it.  My clothes are fitting looser, I have more energy, and I still feel fantastic!

Another big thing that's happened, is a reduction in my mile-time!  I'm trying to run at least a mile a few times a week, along with some resistance training and other cardio workouts.  My typical routine for getting ready for a work out consists of having a Spark, and taking some ThermoPlus about 30 minutes before working out, and about 10 minutes before, I take some Catalyst.  Those three supplements really give me an energy boost, and help with my endurance and mental stamina as well.  The last three runs have really shown that!  I'm not to the point that I can run a mile without stopping yet, but the last three times in a row that I've run, I've had a new personal best!

On Monday of this past week, I went to the fitness center at work before my shift and did my best time ever!  I also hit a goal of running a full lap around the track (a quarter mile) without stopping!  I beat my current PR by a few seconds with the time of 17:01.  I was disappointed because I didn't get under 17 minutes which has been a goal for a while, but I was happy that I ran a full quarter mile!  That same day, on my lunch break, I decided to go at it again.  I went back and got on the treadmill, and while I didn't run a full lap again, I did beat my time from that morning SIGNIFICANTLY!!!!!!!  I ran that mile in 16:32!  I don't know if 30 seconds is so significant in the big picture, but considering it was my second time in the same day, I was pretty excited!  Later that week, I went to my home gym and ran again, this time, I ran a full 1/4 mile, and beat that time again and ran the mile in 16:24.  Not a huge improvement, but considering a ran the full lap, and was running more and longer distances between walking parts of it, I was still pretty psyched!

Every workout I do, I feel stronger, and it gets easier.  I can go at it longer without needing breaks, and my recovery time is getting shorter every day!

I've still got a long way to go, but I've come pretty far!  I love the encouragement I get from people who read this blog and see my posts on facebook and twitter, and from people who see me in person.  I'm hoping that by the 12th of this month, I can run a full lap around the track consistently, and not just on my good days, and my next milestone goal, is to run a mile (without stopping) by January 20th.  I think having solid goals with dates is helping a lot too in that they are helping me measure my accomplishments.

Last of all, I just want to say thanks to all of you who have been such an incredible encouragement to me so far!  One thing I've found is that there's no way I could do this on my own, but thanks to you all, I don't have to!  You guys are great and thank you!!!!!!!

2 comments: